openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Calc user guide Chapter 6 - German translation READY NOW
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2013 16:13:50 GMT
On 1/1/2013 10:11, Raphael Bircher wrote:
> Hi
>
> It would be interesting to write this also to the German Mailing List
> users-de@openoffice.apache.org Nice to see more german Native language
> speachers.
>
> Greetings Raphael
>
> Am 01.01.2013 13:54, schrieb 口 海:
>> Hi Andrea and OOo-Team,
>>
>> happy New Year for the OOo - Project and best wishes !
>>
>> As I had announced some months ago, I have translated several chapters
>> of the Calc 3.2 - user guide into German.
>> This chapter of the user guide is (to my knowledge) not yet translated
>> into German.
>>
>> PLEASE help me to get it published on the OOo-website - as it would
>> reward the work that went into it !!
>>
>> I am working on several other chapters of the user guide which have so
>> far not yet been translated into German and I would like to receive
>> help these upcoming weeks / months to get them published on the
>> OOo-website etc etc , too.
>>
>> I am available in case further corrections etc etc are necessary.
>>
>> Best wishes
>>

>> Heiko Strauss

Hi, Heiko, Raphael,

Can we get some feedback from German-speakers that this is a
good-quality translation?

The mechanics of publication are simple: upload to a file (use the same
name as the document), and add a link on the DE version of the wiki
Documentation page. I am prepared to do these steps, if nobody objects.

AOO policy is that new material shall be under ALv2, but this
translation is presumably under some CC license. It seems reasonable to
me to make an exception for new material about old software.

I will wait at least 72 hours for feedback on either or both points.

/tj/