openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: first look at a scrolling News column...
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2013 13:49:14 GMT
Am 01/01/2013 12:06 AM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
> Well, I have finally put up a mockup of what a scrolling News column on our
> home page would look like.
>
> This is in the "test" area on staging at the moment.
>
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/test/
>
> This required editing changes to the index page and a minor styling change
> for the home.css styles along with using an ssi for the news instead of two
> areas.
>
> For this mockup, I did take out a LOT of old news.
>
> Anyway, see what you think. I find the scroll bars a bit ugly but we may be
> able to pretty them up somehow.
>
> This will save the hassle we currently do with the News items however.

Thanks for the news improvement. I also think that the scrollbar is not
too bad. Otherwise you have to invent a complete new design for
scrollbars and to tell the broser to use this instead of the default.
And this would be an effort which is (IMHO) not worthwhile - if it's
just for this one.

So, just keep this one. :-)

Marcus