openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: APACHE OPEN OFFICE 3.4.1. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 08:10:10 GMT
On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 23:29:48 +0000
harry steven <edinburghapartment@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have just downloaded this Version of Open Office.Now my Printer will not print anything
in Open Office and refers me to check my Printer configuration.At 74 years of age, this is
all a mystery to me, so please tell me how I can get my Printer to print out a legal Document
I need so urgently.Thanks you.Harry StevenEdinburgh Scotland

A quick workaround to allow you print your document without delay: /File /Export as PDF.
Now open the PDF document in a PDF reader (usually Adobe Reader, almost certainly installed
on your computer) and print the document from that.

The longer approach to a fix: it can help to reinstall your printer _after_ installing OpenOffice.
 Reports of printer problems seem to occur more commonly when 64 bit Windows operating systems
are used; there may be some problem interfacing with 32 bit OpenOffice, but the problem is
not common or recreatable for debugging, as far as I know.

--
  Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>