openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error Building module hsqldb - Installation Source Code in AOO
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2013 20:30:14 GMT
Hi Kay;

----- Messaggio originale -----
> Da: Kay Schenk

> On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>  Hello Alan;
>>
>>  My guess is that you are using a localized (non-english) environment, but
>>  JDK7 is also a know source of problems ih hsqldb.
>>
>>  Hope that helps,
>>
>>  Pedro.
>

> A quick weird question on this...Is this partially due to the rather old
> version of HSQLD we package -- 1.8? (in ext_sources)-- as opposed to newer
> 2.2?   Among other things...I am actually trying to investigate more of the
> java issues, so this is why I ask.

This particular issue is rather easy to fix by patching the weird caracters. I think
I will do that soon.

The java7 issues are due to the old version of hsqldb and we actually have two
options here:

1) Bring the hsqldb19 branch and update to hswldb 2.2.x.
2)  Wait for a new version of hsqldb that will be released towards the end of
month that will include backward compatibility.

OTOH, if you want to work on Java.. I have a bunch of patches that need
reviewing. Let me know :).

Pedro.