openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] Respin snapshot builds for early verification available
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 22:42:52 GMT
On 21 December 2012 23:35, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
>
>> before I go on Christmas vacation I have built snapshots for our
>> upcoming AOO 3.4.1 respin to support further languages.
>> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/**respin_aoo341/<http://people.apache.org/~jsc/respin_aoo341/>
>>

> "Access forbidden" when clicking on files: this must be fixed, but it's
> great to have AOO340 builds available.

when running chmod then may also remove "incubating" part of the name :-)

>  I create a build for Danish, Swedish, Polish, Norwegian Bokmal, Scottish
>> Gaelic and Korean.
>>

> Shall we then change the "Please help with translation" announcement on
> the relevant home pages into something like

> "OpenOffice 3.4.1 in [LANGUAGE] will be released in January 2013! Please
> help us in testing it: e-mail l10n@openoffice.apache.org"

-1 For danish I would prefer not. We announced several month ago that a
release was close, becuase the translation was ready...so this time I would
prefer to wait until we can actually show something.

And I also understood from the very detailed license discussions, that we
are not allowed to publicly announce dev-builds...but maybe this is a
special case (as I have been trying to push for a long time).