openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Endnote/Index in Writer
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2012 14:21:36 GMT
2012/12/30 TJ Frazier <tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com>

> On 12/30/2012 07:11, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
>

>> On the en-Forum it has just been pointed out to me that Endnotes place
>> themselves at the End of a document; this prevents an alphabetical Index
>> being placed there, which is the usual location for it.  Perhaps this
>> should be considered for alteration in a forthcoming revision of Writer.
>>
>>  Hi, Rory,
>
> Would a "fake" master doc (only one sub-document) be a quick way around
> this problem?

I don't think so. The only way to move endnotes from the end of the
document is to enclose the whole document/chapter on a section configured
to send the endnotes at the end of the section itself instead of the end of
the document. While this workaround covers most user cases, there could be
corner situations (a document already using lots of sections, for example
to get variable number of columns) where this will not work as intended.

Regards
Ricardo