openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] Respin snapshot builds for early verification available
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2012 10:19:27 GMT
On 21/12/2012 janI wrote:
> On 21 December 2012 23:35, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/respin_aoo341/
>> "Access forbidden" when clicking on files: this must be fixed ...
> when running chmod then may also remove "incubating" part of the name :-)

It was agreed to keep the incubator branding for additional languages
too: having it for some languages only would break the assumptions we
make in some scripts. 4.0 (or 3.4.2 if needed for some reasons) will be
our first "non-incubator" release.

>> Shall we then change the "Please help with translation" announcement on
>> the relevant home pages into something like
> -1 For danish I would prefer not. We announced several month ago that a
> release was close...

OK, then I'd consider it for the other languages, which still have the
original announcement.

> And I also understood from the very detailed license discussions, that we
> are not allowed to publicly announce dev-builds...but maybe this is a
> special case (as I have been trying to push for a long time).

We don't LINK to unreleased builds, but of course they are not secret.
So something like the text I proposed (i.e., inviting the visitor to
volunteer in testing them and linking to the l10n mailing list, not to
the builds) is perfectly acceptable.

Regards,
   Andrea.