openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] New Apache OpenOffice 4 logo proposals...
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 16:38:19 GMT
     Hi Michael,

thanks for investigating here. While I like the original orb and the
colored rects seem to lead to windows trademark stuff, what about:

- only slightly changing the AOO logo
- replacing the orb with a shape also very popular today
- keeping the color, keeping the seagulls
...but as shape, take the now famous 'app' form - a rounded rectangle
instead of the orb, using exactly the dimensions of app logos, and the
color blending of app logos (they use some 'bow' on the middle, making
the upper half slightly lighter than the lower one).
Just as on iOS devices. Maybe looking nice ;-) Will look modern :-)

HTH!
Sincerely,
     Armin