openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Hamid Farroukh <h.farro...@yahoo.de>
Subject [EXT] Dictionary extension for a Latin transcription of Persian
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2012 17:17:06 GMT
Greeting
I have made a dictionray extension for the transcription of Persian with Latin alphabet. That
means, I have a way of writting Persian as I would write English or German. This should help
joung Persians living in the US and Europe to learn Persian and write Persian texts. It works
fine in OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows 8. As Persian is a rtl-script I had to choose another
western language, in order to make it work. Currently, I choose Esperanto. I have two questions:

1- Is it possible to use a custom dictionary for Persian as a "western language"? Users should
see an entry in the language selection indicating Persian.
2- If not, may I publish it to the extension page for others to use? Users should know that
they can use this dictionary, when they chhose Esperanto as language. Or would I viloate some
policies?

Thank you very much in advance.