openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] AOO.next = AOO 4.0
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 13:20:31 GMT
Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 11/21/12 5:33 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>> Rob Weir wrote:

>>> Uh, Juergen never suggested January or Feburary as a time frame for
>>> 4.0.  So I don't see how one can dismiss a 4.0 proposal as being
>>> unfeasible based on dates that he never suggested.  Maybe we should
>>> ask Juergen what timeframe he had in mind for 4.0?  Of course, it
>>> might be possible to do both, provided we have volunteers willing to
>>> own testing and release management for 3.5.
>>>
>>> -Rob
>>>
>> As I re-read the post you are correct Rob and I apologize to Juergen for
>> reading to much between the lines. What timeframe were you considering
>> for a 4.0 release Juergan?
>>

> Well I had indeed not February in mind but when we targeting on end of
> March or April we will have more time.
>
> Maybe we can take first a look on what others have in mind to put in the
> next release.
>
> Juergen

This sounds like a good idea. My concern is that we have enough time to
adequately the changes, especially the potential UI changes, and that we
address the end of life issues with the 3.x.x line. We do not want to
spring possibly major UI changes on end users without adequate warning.

Regards
Keith