openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <>
Subject Re: Have you been contacted via private email and discouraged from participating on the OpenOffice project?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 14:19:50 GMT

> The DocFou guys choose to split from the OO.o project. The
> communities are
> now separate. And users of LO are better served in LO forums, like AOO
> users are better served on the AOO forums and lists, and not
> the other way
> around.
> I guess you´re not implying that we should start accepting
> here questions
> from Thinkfree Office, KDE Office, LO or any other office suite.

I think there is a misunderstanding.

I wanted to say is the only:

before the creation of LibreOffice/TDF was a forum for
and(!) StarOffice (and StarOffice 5.2) and(!) NeoOffice and(!) OxygenOffice and(!) go-oo because
we saw no reason to split the forum into separate forums.

After the founding of LibreOffice there were receivables the focus of the Forum, to LibreOffice
relocate and we declined, because _there is no reason for such a special role of LibreOffice_
and as long as LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice are technically similar enough to questions
in to answer a forum, we will do so.

We are concerned about any content at office-software is derived

When in doubt, apply the is independent. We do not let us be influenced
by anyone in the past, and we will not do so in future.
Not because of pressure or influence attempts, but also not because of (my) personal preference
or sympathies. Independence is independence, and as moderator (and Admin) at
i will preserve them.

View raw message