openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Draft Introduction to Marketing modules
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 21:58:27 GMT
On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>> I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this on the marketing list, but I've
>> been working on some "new volunteer" orientation modules, essentially
>> webpages that we can point new volunteers to, so they can get up to
>> speed on the project.
>>
>> Some of the modules are generic, dealing with basic things like how
>> the project is organized and how decision making at Apache works.  You
>> can see these as Level 1 and Level 2 modules here:
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/orientation/index.html
>>
>> And then there are more specialized ones for specific project areas,
>> like QA, here:
>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/orientation/intro-qa.html
>>
>> IMHO, it is a good idea to have something like this for marketing,
>> especially if we want to do a "call for volunteers" in this area.
>>
>> I've started a draft of this module here, taking advantage of material
>> that Graham and others have already put in the wiki:
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/orientation/intro-marketing.html
>>
>> OK.  Maybe it is more an outline than a draft ;-)   But I write fast
>> once I have an outline.  So could you take a look at let me know if
>> there are any other topics I should cover?
>>

> Here is a full draft now:
> http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/orientation/intro-marketing.html
>
> I breaking for the day now, but I'll review with a fresh head
> tomorrow.   But if you see something wrong, missing or just plain
> ugly, let me know and I'll get it fixed.

Here is an updated version :
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/orientation/intro-marketing.html

I think it it is ready to go.  But cc to Dev for their review.  And to
Trademarks to see if there is anything else they would like attention
draw to in that section.  (This is intended to be a 30 minute or less
orientation for new AOO marketing volunteers).

-Rob