openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Initiate a Contest for Branding of 4.0
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 13:01:18 GMT
On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:18 AM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:
> We do need more communication channels specially with external entities.
> Linux Journal blog, sourceforge newsletters, prominent news channels like
> Lxer http://lxer.com/ and others. This is what marketing should be focused
> on at the moment. That way initiatives like this grasp major notoriety in
> the open source world.

Now that we've graduated we are allowed to make more formal
announcements, even press releases.  So if we develop a distribution
list we can target news channels like this.  But we would want to
provide the full package, e.g., quotes, a contact person for further
questions, etc.   Make it easy for the journalist on a busy schedule.

-Rob