openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Initiate a Contest for Branding of 4.0
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 04:48:01 GMT
KG01 - see comments

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Graham Lauder <g.a.lauder@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 6:03 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Graham Lauder <g.a.lauder@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > 5 days is about up and we have no -1so I've started a page for creating
> > of
> > > the proposed RFP on the confluence wiki here:
> > >
> > > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Brand+Contest+RFP
> > >

> > Question:  Is it worth (maybe before or as part of the "Aim" section)
> > saying a few brief words about what the current branding is, its
> > history and why we are rebranding now?
> >

> Yes, that will be part of the preamble to the RFP.  I'll be getting to that
> this weekend, I'm on a contract at the moment and as is usual they are
> trying to squeeze 52 weeks into twelve!  :)
>
> Cheers
>

> > > Discussion on the marketing list?
> > >
> > > I'm travelling for the next two days, connection may be intemittent
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > GL

KG01:

Graham,

Can we please update the proposal to indicate that the contest is open to
the general public and members of the AOO community. There is an assumption
that our existing community are not capable, or interested in contributing.
This is not the case.

When do you expect to run this contest? I have completed some concepts and
I want to share with community. Shall I wait for your content? or just
start posting via UX site? On one hand, I want the contest to attract
designers to OpenOffice, on the other hand, I want to promote my design
concepts now.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Kevin