openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From jan iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Open sources days denmark.
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 17:20:36 GMT
On 15 November 2012 15:13, Louis Suárez-Potts <luispo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> On 12-11-15, at 08:07 , jan iversen <jancasacondor@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is this a place we want to show up ?
> >
> > http://www.opensourcedays.org/2012/
> >
> > It is pretty big in scandinavia.
> >
> > Jan.
>
> I have attended prior versions of this event, run by Peter Toft; the last
> time I went was, I think, in 2010, prior to the split. The event is indeed
> big in Scandinavia, and though there are now others, this has the glamour
> of longevity.

It changed in 2011 (as far as I know), Copenhagen Business School took
over, and will also be in charge in 2013.

> The issue is that it is also a preferred event, I'd guess, for LO, as at
> least one of the founders, Leif L., is somewhat involved. Personally, I
> don't think that ought to be an issue. In fact, I'd hope that being in the
> same place at the same time doing more or less the same thing all while
> claiming community and collaboration *might actually produce* works of
> collaboration, community—if not feelings of comity.

I agree it should not be an issue, and not to forget the work I am doing on
l10n, has already caught the interest of LO.

I was earlier on a big event for me, which I used to network with other
Scandinavian developers.

> Peter is a great guy and the people attending are terrific. Denmark's role
> in Scandinavia is perhaps not fully recognized, but it's not too different
> from its role in other far-seeing endeavours: Good, socially responsible
> and fun things are happening there.
>
> Being a dane (even though I live in spain) I can only agree :-) By the
way, denmark is considered the gate to europe by most of the big IT
companies, because it is small (a good test market) and has the same
"touch" as most of europe.