openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DOCUMENTATION]Wrong use of scientific notation
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2012 18:14:57 GMT
2012/11/3 jan iversen <jancasacondor@gmail.com>

> May I politely as a mathematician point out that there is a major
> difference in the 2 proposals.
>
> Number 1 is a mathematical expression whereas number 2 is a number.

I'm physicist :)

The first number is the traditional scientific notation (specially if
proper super indexes are used) while the second one is the "E notation"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_notation#E_notation

> Now I do not know where it is used,

One example

https://translate.apache.org/es/OOo_34_help/translate.html?unit=6097629