openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Juergen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a german speaking Flyer
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 05:59:44 GMT
Am Samstag, 10. November 2012 um 23:02 schrieb jan iversen:
> I like your "maybe", but as I see it, there are no such thing as "apache"
> supervising what we do, "apache" is a community and we are all part of it,
> so what we do as a community have to be correct.
>
> I was just waving a flag, because I do not think that we support all linux
> variants, and I have been asked this week, if I could make a AOO version
> for eLinux (embedded linux) since there are no ready installation set.
>
> Having said all that, I think it is a great initiative to make such a flyer
> !! We are volunteers and that is what makes us special !

Jörg showed me the flyer and I asked him if it's possible to make the flyer available for
broader use in the community. The idea was to
- get translations (as many as possible)
- get feedback (corrections, ideas for improvements)
- get a start set of material that can be used for many events (small and big scales events)
all over the world
- making use of the community and share this kind of material to avoid duplicate work.

It's good work and very valuable, so please talk about it if you have done such things and
let us know.

We shouldn't make it to complicate, a well defined place in the repo where we can store such
things with a well defined structure for the translated versions.
A better integration in the translation workflow can we design at any time.

Juergen