openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Tarballs in our repository (Re: missing tarballs in ext_sources in svn 1412710?)
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 14:23:08 GMT
Hi Maho,

 > still following tarballs are missing. could you please add them?
>
> adding download request for mdds_0.3.1.tar.bz2
> adding download request for apache-tomcat-5.5.36-src.tar.gz
> adding download request for hyphen-2.7.1.tar.gz
> adding download request for rhino1_7R3.zip
> adding download request for seamonkey-1.1.14.source.tar.gz
> adding download request for nss-3.12.6-with-nspr-4.8.4.tar.gz
> adding download request for README_silgraphite-2.3.1.txt
> adding download request for silgraphite-2.3.1.tar.gz

The pre-graduation discussion ended with the category-B items being
moved out of the repository.

After talking to Pedro about tarballs in our ext_sources I know that it
was intentional that even the new category-A jpeg-tarball wasn't put
there. And there was a good point that the repository itself should not
contain any of them, even the category-A ones.

Though I like the convenience of having everything needed after the
checkout, a repository without them would have its benefits too,
especially if we could only keep cat-A stuff there. Anyway, as I see it
there are now three options:
1) keeping the mix there as it is
2) add the remaining cat-A tarballs back (i.e. mdds and vigra)
3) remove all the tarballs there and get them during bootstrap from
apache-extras

The more I think about it the more I like option 3. We can probably
agree on option 1 being impractical as it is too inconsistent.

Herbert