openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Update about Apache Asia Road Show Beijing 2012 @Dec 13
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 05:01:58 GMT
On 11/30/2012 12:23 PM, imacat wrote:
> On 01.11.30 10:43am, Shenfeng Liu said:
>> Hi, all,
>>    Sorry that I didn't update the status of Apache Asia Road Show Beijing
>> 2012 for a long time.
>>    Finally we confirmed the agenda. And we get 1 hour for Apache OpenOffice
>> (14:00-15:00).
>>    Below is my proposed agenda:
>>
>> ==============================
>> 1. Part: The history and status quo of OpenOffice
>>      Speaker: Peter Junge
>>      Time: 20 Minutes
>>      Brief outline:
>>      + Overall introduction of Apache OpenOffice
>>      + History before Apache
>>         ++ From StarOffice to OpenOffice.org to Apache OpenOffice
>>      + OpenOffice at Apache
>>         ++ New Challeges, e.g. License and different community vision
>>         ++ Organizational status quo of the project, promotion from
>> incubator to TLP
>>
>> 2. Part: What's happening around Apache OpenOffice in Beijing
>>    2.1. Speaker: Shenfeng Liu
>>      Time: 10 Minutes
>>      Brief outline:
>>      + Introduce volunteers in Beijing and the contributions from them
>>         ++ Development, QE, UX, Translation, Marketing
>>      + Call for volunteers
>>
>>    2.2 Speaker: Hongyun An
>>      Time: 10 Minutes
>>      Brief outline:
>>      + Contributing UOF to Apache OpenOffice
>>
>> 3. Part: Apache OpenOffice and Cloud
>>    3.1 Speaker: Tao Liu
>>      Time: 10 Minutes
>>      Brief outline:
>>      + Developing Enterprise OA system based on OpenOffice
>>
>>    3.2 Speaker: Dali Liu
>>      Time: 10 Minutes
>>      Brief outline:
>>      + Social Integration with AOO
>>
>> ==============================
>>
>> Here is the link to the event, where you can find the agenda, venue, and
>> register: http://apacheasiaroadshow04.eventbrite.com/#  . (Sorry that no
>> funding support for travel.)
>>
>> I will write up a promotion article calling for participating (in English &
>> Chinese).
>>
>> Tell me if you have any comments/suggestion. Thanks!
>
>      This is awesome!  Too bad I cannot join you.
>
>      By the way, I would suggest planning a live broadcast on mailing
> lists and social media in advance, if possible.  This helps promote our
> project a lot.
>
>      Any volunteer in Beijing can help doing this?

Live broadcast would require the organizers to take care about. That's
nothing we can do because we are guests there. As well, the AARS will be
more like an industry event rather than a community event. I'm not even
sure if that's an option at all. Maybe it would be easiest if I bring my
camcorder and we'll shoot a video.

Peter