openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Gallery extension from Symphony ressources
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13:44:30 GMT
Hi List,

I took a closer look at Symphony's checked in ressources concerning the
gallery. There are quite some nice and useful additional themes there we
(and our users) should benefit from. Thus, I propose (and volunteer :-)
to integrate these to the trunk. Please have a look at a current
Symphony version or look at the provides symphony sourcecode to get an
impression (it's in main/extras/source/gallery). The added themes are:

arrows
bullets
computers
diagrams
education
environment
finance
gallery_sound
gallery_system
people
sounds
symbols
transportation
txtshapes

The currently existing themes in trunk are:

bullets
gallery_sound
gallery_system
htmpexpo
rulers
sounds
ww-back
www-graf

Where bullets, gallery_sound, gallery_system and sounds are double. I
propose to just merge the contents. (gallery_sound and gallery_system
are hidden, internal themes). For info: ww-back and www-graf are also
hidden themes which are used in Writer's www export.

I think these themes are useful for a wide variety of users and I will
try to just merge them smoothly to have these available.

All contents are in png format (not yet svg) with transparencies and
offer quite some useful stuff. We should have them in that format for
now, conversion to SVG is not realistic due to many contained gradients.
For adding future themes I propose to use svg, but for now we should use
what we have. Same is true for evtl. later add online data access for
the gallery for clipart libraries (which support svg). But one step
after the other...

I'm currently inverstigating on the issue (wrote #121407# for it, see
there) and will report how much size it would add to download packages.

Suggestions welcome!

Sincerely,
     Armin
--