openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Call-for-Review] Extension to XSmartTagRecognizer interface
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 17:10:57 GMT
On 11/23/12 5:45 PM, Robert Barbey wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> for a Writer extension, we're traversing a document using the Java text iteration API.
The text is extracted and sent to a server backend for linguistic analysis. This server returns
a report containing corrections for the current document which the extension needs to map
back into the document. All of this is based on XTextRange objects.

> In order to highlight these corrections within document, we are using smart tags. But
with the existing XSmartTagRecognizer interface it's not possible to determine reliably the
absolute position of  the text that is to be processed in the recognize method of the interface.
To be able to do that we would need an XTextRange object as argument. This, of course, would
require a change of the XTextMarkup interface so that it also supports committing markup for
XTextRanges.

> In the attached file, you find a patch that adds this functionality. It would be really
great if you could review these changes and provide feedback for improvements or if you think
that we have missed something essential. WE think that this addition could be beneficial to
other extensions as well.

> Thank you very much and have a nice weekend.
>
> Best,
> Robert

Hi Robert,

I am looking forward to see your patch ;-)

The good news is that XTextMarkup is an unpublished interface yet and I
don't expect to many SmartTag extensions yet. We will see...

Normally API changes are not easy to make, especially with already
published API's.

Juergen