openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Fernand Vanrie <...@pmgroup.be>
Subject Re: desktop publishing
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 16:36:57 GMT
  Juergen,

Maybe 1 machine has a MS office package for the "unsalvable problems"
the 99 others have Windows with LO ,OO, Thunderbird, Inkscape, Gimp,
Image Magick and a free Adobe PDF reader

We can read and write MS text and spreadsheets, in the "editing world"
PDF is the exchange format by exelence. (For that reason PDF must been a
graphic format in LO  and LO :-)

Maybe you comes to Fosdem in Brussels, we would be happy to invite you
to show on the work floor how is works here

Greetz

Fernand
> Hi Fernand,
>
> I would love to read a more detailed public success story about your experience and work
with writer. It sounds very interesting especially when you stay in one world, means no heavy
exchange of MS formats.