openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From tj ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Mwiki] New accounts by invitation only?
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 21:39:49 GMT
On 11/20/2012 12:06, jan iversen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Rob:
> What qualification would a Wiki maintainer need ? I used to maintain our
> business sites, which were PHP and AJAX based, with MySql behind, it that
> would fit, it is a job which I would volunteer for.

Jan,

A Wiki maintainer needs PHP and MySQL knowledge, and root access to the
wiki system (to be granted by Infra; JIRA ticket?). Most of the work is
simply making changes to the parameter file, LocalSettings.php. However,
there is long-range work, too: preparing for upgrades, and some
short-term MySQL stuff.

I will collect all the various maintenance items on a wiki page,
probably called "Pending Maintenance". If that doesn't scare you off,
your help will be greatly appreciated; Infra expects the AOO project to
do this level of maintenance ourselves, and it is quite beyond me. Let
me know.

/tj/