openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice at FOSDEM 2013, 2-3 February 2013, Brussels
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 17:54:34 GMT

On 20.11.2012 18:21, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Rony G. Flatscher (Apache) wrote:
>>> Please add your talk proposals to the following page:
>>> http://s.apache.org/fosdem-2013-proposals
>> Probably a SQ ("stupid question"): what is needed to become able to edit that Wiki?
>> Tried my Apache userid and password to no avail. Should I create a separate userid
and passwd for
>> Confluence ... ?
>
> Exactly, you'll need to sign up specifically for that wiki. That wiki is open to everybody,
not
> only to people having an Apache account, and authentication is separate.
>
> You will just have to follow the instructions at the above URL:
>   ---
> Copy the table below and add your talk proposal! If you don't have an account, please
sign up for
> one (top right).
Thank you for your quick answer!
[Thought that there would be a way to avoid the creation of another userid/pwd, drowning in
gazillion of such accounts for all kind of simple communications, not being able anymore to
memorize
them.]

Maybe the CFP e-mails could explicitly communicate the need to create an own account with
that Wiki?
(Maybe there could be interested speakers who may be shied away because they might have troubles
quickly add a proposal to the Wiki?)

---

Also, would you prefer rather many short/small (10min) presentations, or rather few but long/large
(30min)? Or does it not matter at all?

---rony