openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Look at the pretty branches
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 12:02:15 GMT
> On 15.11.2012 00:10, Rob Weir wrote:
>> I see that our project is growing new branches.   Would it make sense
>> to start documenting these on a wiki page, so it is clear what each
>> one is, and who is maintaining it?
>>
>> Current branches are:
>> [...]
>> writer001/ -- Ditto.  What is it and what is the plan for getting it
>> integrated?
>>

> It has been already integrated into trunk [1].

Should we remove branches that have been integrated?

There is a minor nit that speaks against it, but that is not critical:
SVN merges all the changes as one commit so that the individual commits
that were done on the branch are not visible in the log of the merge
target, they are only visible in the branch that was integrated.
Removing this branch does not lose the individual history though as the
branch is still in the revision history even if it is no longer in the
head revision.

So I suggest that dead/closed/integrated branches are removed.

Herbert