openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Do we want download links for Dev Builds on a usual webpage?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 07:44:13 GMT
On 11/11/2012 Kay Schenk wrote:
> On 11/11/2012 04:22 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>> (they are also called "with/without system integration" respectively).
>
> OK, I see this note and I confess I don't pay much attention to it, and
> typically install in parallel for these. But, I keep the same "user
> profile" if you will, and this doesn't seem to cause problems for me.
>
> Right now this note says:
> "This week's builds are built without system integration."
> Is the the "normal"?

What is "normal" highly depends on the status of the builds we are
providing. For ordinary snapshots, "without system integration" is
normal because they will co-exist with a stable version and be updated
frequently; this would be the case for a beta release too, but as we
approach release we will want to test system integration too and the
"normal" snapshot will have system integration enabled. This is agreed
on a case-by-case basis when we start building.

Regards,
   Andrea.