openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: AOO.Next IBM Priorities
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 10:55:51 GMT
	Hi Alexandro,

On 02.11.2012 21:34, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
-- snip --

> This problem is more on the design and paper paradigm. Having a
> digitalization of a paper-form forms, we use tables to design as
> opposed as to hold tabular data.
>
> A document design should be done with a DTP program something that
> Writer is not the optimal software for it. Frame-based software is the
> ideal for design documents.
>
> One simple example is the lack of 'rotate' an image in Writer, while
> Draw has it.

Yes, that's true and me and Oliver have a note about this in our minds
to get to a solution, it's an old and annoying problem.

> Here we have two scenarios:
> 1) Import such features into writer.
> 2) Improve the integration of draw and writer. Draw layers could
> easily be taken as a "template" for writer to fill in around Draw
> designs.

That's the right direction; to be able to do that efficiently some
preparations have to be done with which we are active. As a workaround
for now it is possible to create draw-graphic objects in Writer; these
*can* be rotated, but do not provide the Writer-typical frabe-object
borders (one thing DrawingLayer grahic objects vave to learn before we
will be able to solve this)

HTH!

-- snip

Sincerely,