openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IPR PERMISSION
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 00:01:39 GMT

On 11/05/2012 07:32 PM, Peter Junge wrote:
> On 10/23/2012 5:30 PM, ILLL Copyright wrote:
>> Please find the attachment.
>
> The Institute of Lifelong Learning of the University of Delhi is asking
> us for permission to use materials mostly available at the old
> OpenOffice wiki.
>
> The attachment is now available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~pj/Reference%20N1.pdf
>
> NOTE: Item 7 refers to an image available
> http://www.openofficetips.com/. I would think that page not affiliated
> with AOO.
>
> Peter

I think the majority of these items come from the OpenOffice 3.3 User
Guide(s) which is dual licensed with GNU Public License, ver 3 , or
Creative Commons Attribution License, ver 3. In either case, I think
using the graphic elements are fine and in compliance with these
licenses. Several contributing authors are on this list, however, and
they may wish to comment as well.

MzK

"You're not going to believe car are you?"
             -- Dave Harken (Kevin Spacey) "Horrible Bosses"