openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Presentation
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2012 00:12:20 GMT
Hi Galileo,

you are welcome.

Galileo Teco Juárez schrieb:
> hi i am new .. my name is Galileo. I am Chiapas Mexico
>
> I join the list of partners to contribute to the OpenOffice Suite as part
> of my university course.
>
> I have knowledge in: Java, C, C + +, GNU / Linux, Windows XD, other things.
>
> I hope to assist in this great community, and learn a lot.
>
> How I can start?

First you need to decide which is your area of interest.

If you are interested in working on the core, you first need a own build
of Apache OpenOffice. In that case follow the guide in
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO

If you are interested in writing an extension, then you should download
the SDK as well and read the developers guide in
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/OpenOffice.org_Developers_Guide

Or is your interest something different? For example:
Improving XHTML export filter, which is a XSLT based filter
Writing technical documentation?
Helping in testing by writing and executing tests?

Are you interested in a special module?

We sure have a task, which you are interested in. But to give you a more
specific help, you should write a little bit more, what you want to do
and how many time you plan to invest.

Kind regards
Regina