openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help - translation to Portuguese (PT)
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 18:59:59 GMT
José Oliveira wrote:
> Hello, my name is José Oliveira.
> I would like to help, translating the documents in to Portuguese.
> How can I do that?

Welcome, Jose'!

For all activities regarding translation and localization you should
subscribe to the ooo-L10N discussion list. You can find all details
here: http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/translate.html

Please note that OpenOffice is available in Brazilian Portuguese but not
in Portuguese (PT) at the moment, so the activity where we could best
use your help now is the translation of the embedded documentation (the
help pages) and the program itself into Portuguese (PT).

Note that another volunteer, Luis Silva (in CC) recently volunteered to
help with the Portuguese (PT) localization, so feel free to coordinate
with him on how to proceed. And we are looking forward to seeing you
both on the ooo-L10N discussion list, please subscribe and introduce
yourself there!

Regards,
   Andrea.