openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO volunteers: essential skills and tasks
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 12:11:21 GMT
On 31/10/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> Right.   So maybe when we do a wider "call for volunteers" we can
> offer three tracks:
> 1) Sign up for ooo-dev and "drink from the firehose"  (our only current option)
> 2) A short intro on the wiki, one that doesn't exist yet, but maybe
> someone can write one.
> 3) A longer self-paced intro on the website (what I'm working on)

Actually 2 and 3 are not necessarily separated. For example,
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/translate.html
could probably become the "Introduction to localization" mentioned in
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/orientation/

It might be that 2 can just be implemented as a simple page "For
impatient volunteers" that suggests to take a longer approach but gives
4-5 links to the most practical pages from
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/orientation/ so that we have
less duplication and still the ability to catch all types of volunteers.

Regards,
   Andrea.