openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: A small problem?
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 13:12:29 GMT
On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 13:28:01 +0100
"David Holst" <david.holst@private.dk> wrote:

> Is it possible, without having access to my computer to advise me about the
> following issue:
>

> After several years of use, I suddenly cannot access my Open Office program.
>
> I then without success have tried to uninstall the program with the aim of
> reinstalling it again,
>
> but get the message (in danish) “Close OpenOffice org 3.3 and OpenOffice
> org. 3.3 start
>
> before you continue. If you have a multi-user system, ensure that other
> users do not have the program OpenOffice 3.3 running.”
>

> Best regards
>
> David Holst
>
> Bregnevej 40
>
> 3500 Værløse
>
> DENMARK
>

> Phone: +45 4481571

Type Ctrl Shift Esc to open TaskManager and kill any soffice processes running on its Processes
tab.  Ignore any messages about horrible things happening - they have already, as your OpenOffice
has stopped working!  Now try starting OpenOffice again.

Such processes can be left running after a program or system crash, or sometimes by too speedy
a computer shutdown.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>