openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [QUESTION] DECLARE_LIST, ByteString
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2012 23:04:45 GMT
Hi Jan,

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 08:50:30PM +0100, jan iversen wrote:
> Hi
>
> Please excuse a stupid question from a newbie, but I still hope someone
> will give me a hint.
>
> I am currently rewriting the tools in l10n. They are using a lot of AOO
> internal declarations like:
>      DECLARE_LIST
>      ByteString with quite an extra functionality
>
> I have been looking for a "common" module in main, but failed to find it,
>
> Is there a common place where all these datatypes / common functions are
> declared and implemented ?
>
> If I missed reading something in the wiki pages, then please feel free to
> point me in that direction too !
>
> One side question, is things like "DECLARE_LIST" something of the past, or
> something considered modern, and should be used ?

this is declared in tools module, use opengrok!
main/tools/inc/tools/list.hxx

There is a lot of old stuff that seems to come from a time where STL
containers did not exist or were not implemented in all platforms in
a reliable way, as required by a multi platform project like this. There
is an old ToDo to replace these self-made containers with STL ones:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/To-Dos#Replace_code_with_3rd_party

So, don't use that old stuff, simply use STL containers (boost has
containers too, but AFAIK they are not used in the source code, though
some of them have many advantages, present also in the C++11 standard).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina