openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Have you been contacted via private email and discouraged from participating on the OpenOffice project?
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 19:51:44 GMT
Hi Jan,

We are all here as individuals with various and different amounts of time and energy. Many
are employed to work on OpenOffice, but many like me are volunteers who have demanding day
jobs. The key part of the Apache Way is that leadership comes from DOING and COMMUNICATING.

You are new here with lots of admirable energy and work! This is what acquires merit in an
Apache project!

Since we ultimately can only control ourselves, do you have any suggestions about how we can
more actively encourage participation?

Best Regards,
Dave