openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Symphony IP Cleanup
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 17:24:37 GMT

 - Dennis

PS: It was great to see your smiling face in the photos posted form ApacheCon EU.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pedro Giffuni [mailto:pfg@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 03:24
To: orcmid@apache.org
Cc: ooo-dev
Subject: Re: Symphony IP Cleanup

Taking a little break from my vacations ...

- Is there anything in particular that you want to see "cleaned up"?
Extracting code without the history is not exactly easy so we basically have to check wth
the IBM guys anyways.

There is also the issue that we only release code through the project releases and it was
decided we wont do Symphony-based releases. Just like the code in experimental branches, changing
the license headers doesnt imply the code has been or will be released and shouldnt be used
as a base in other projects.

FWIW, the code as is, has already been of use for bringing new stuff into AOO 3.5.

Pedro.