openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [EVENT] OSCON?
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 21:15:47 GMT
Hi,
On 2012-06-21, at 10:56 , Donald Harbison wrote:

> Is anyone planning on attending OSCON 2012 in Portland Oregon, July 16 -
> 20?  http://www.oscon.com/oscon2012
> It'd be great to know if the project will have any representation there.

I'll be there, too, but was not planning on presenting on AOO directly. I'm also to be at
the pre-conference unconference Community Leadership Summit.

One thing that Oscon does make possible is "Birds of a Feather" (BoF).  Also, meet ups. Usually,
these are only of interest for coders. That is to say, if I were to convene one, I'm sure
everyone who would otherwise be intrigued would find something else more convenient to do.

At least wrt coding.

Wrt to, say, the new AOO and what it spells for OO, there might be a some interest, but what
would be gained, really? On the other hand, I (or Ross, I guess) could arrange for some AOO-focused
media interviews. Those are useful. If so, I'd ask to have a few things to relay to the media.
These could be mentioned on the blog.

-louis