openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Guy Waterval <waterval....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting a conversation on AOOo 4.0
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 17:28:39 GMT
Hi all,

2011/9/21 Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>

> I don't want to distract us too much for the 3.4.0 work.  There is a
> lot of work to do, mainly around the detailed work of IP review.
> However, I think we should have a parallel conversation, with project
> contributors as well as with users, about what we could do after that,
> in a major release.

Perhaps time is coming to try to change the interface. We've now two
projects LO and AOO which have the same look and it's perhaps not so good. I
think a new look for AOO could give it a better identitiy and could be more
attactive for the mass of the end users as the old one. But as I'm not a
coder, I don't know if this could be "easily" realisable.

Best regards
gw