openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 16:54:20 GMT
I'll give you the context, from earlier in the thread.

> A specific question then that should not require diverting your
> current efforts.  Is there a announcement list or some other mechanism
> to send an email to every registered wiki user?
>
> I don't want to take time away from your higher priority migration
> work, but if some such facility were available, we could work (on this
> list) on a note that we could send later, to notify all users of the
> migration, explain some relevant aspects of the new Apache project,
> and invite them to join us.

I believe that answers your questions.  We're talking technical
possibilities. Any message would discussed on the list before being
sent or posted.

-Rob

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
> Let's slow down here.  I don't recognize any alignment on what it is we think we are
asking for (or attempting to do).  This is going way over the edge past JFDI and/or lazy
consensus.