openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [migration] Decision making
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 18:49:02 GMT
On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> But again, objections must be from committers, backed with
> technical arguments and the willingness to implement alternatives.

The Apache voting policy page you linked agrees that binding votes are
from committers, and that "all others are either discouraged from
voting (to keep the noise down) or else have their votes considered of
an indicative or advisory nature only."

But some things may require noise.  I for one am essentially lurking
here as a user, watching the progress of the product on its way to
becoming once again current and viable.  I'm technical, but have never
touched the guts of OOo.

So if you bring up a change, presented as a lazy-concensus proposal,
and I think it would adversely affect my experience as a user, I'd
very much like to be able to object, even if my objection is
non-binding.  I can't stop you, but on the other hand I'd rather you
not stop me.

Don