openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <r.birc...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: Apache project community and external community
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 13:27:46 GMT
Am 31.08.11 15:04, schrieb Ross Gardler:
> On 31 August 2011 13:54, Raphael Bircher<r.bircher@gmx.ch>  wrote:

>> So you agree that the ASF don't cover all needs for the OOo Community and
>> there sould be thrid parties who cover this needs. Right?
> That's not really what I said, but it's not so far from my point that
> I need to argue the specifics. However, if you want to interpret that
> way and therefore want to go off and do marketing (or any other of the
> activities you believe are not covered here at the ASF) then I would
> certainly welcome the additional contributions to the Apache OOo
> project that would be a direct result of your valuable work.
>
> On the other hand, if you want to do those things here in the ASF I'd
> see the benefits more immediately and may even be able to complement
> your efforts myself. I imagine others in the community will have
> similar views, but we are all free to choose our own paths here.
It's not realy direct about me. We have still a load of people who are
not joined the Apache Community yet. The moast of them are Marketer,
Translater etc. The question is, if it's realy the best Idea to bring
tis people to Apache. Or it's maybe better to setup a group around OOo
who care about this and have a good collaboration between Apache and
this group. We have souveral NGO's around OOo. I know, they can play a
offizial part anymore. But they can take over inoffizial parts, and
cover things that Apache can't.

But it use a little bit of coordination, and that's why I point this topic.

Greetings Raphael