openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: status of OpenOffice logo?
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:03:51 GMT
Am 08/03/2011 06:46 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.mail@wtnet.de>  wrote:

>>> Use the logo where?
>>
>> see the link above?
>>

> Oh, that page.  That is just a prototype, right?  We're not linking to
> it from the Podling website, right?

Right, we just play a bit with the file to see how they behave and look
like inside the Apache infrastructure. The biggest difference to the
original pages are now header and footer.

> We need to have a separate discussion if we want to start offering
> downloads of legacy OOo releases from the Apache side.  From the
> website perspective, yes, we want consistent branding.  But we also
> need to make it clear that those are not Apache files and are not
> under the Apache 2.0 license.

My suggestion:
We can create a legacy webpage for non-Apache releases with an own and
static branding as exception. All other webpages can get a new branding
from templates, CSS, etc.

>>> Which headers and footers?  The ones at OO.o that have the Oracle and
>>> the Project Kenai logos and have the statement "Oracle and Java are
>>> registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates"?   I don't
>>> think we will want to keep that page footer unchanged.
>>
>> Of course some things have to be exchanged. But I think Kay means if we can
>> keep the general wording/formulation the same or do we need to change them
>> totally.
>>

> We should also review the privacy policy, the disclaimer, the terms of
> use, etc.  We should probably harmonize with whatever Apache uses.  So
> I don't think anything from the footer other than "This page was last
> modified on..." can be assumed to be reusable as-is.

OK, seems to become a totally new one. ;-)

> The header, however, is wonderful.  I wouldn't change that.
>
> It might be worth starting a thread on "web site design".  Maybe we
> want a redesign for a "re-launch" timed to our first Apache release?
>
> -Rob

Marcus