openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Eike Rathke <...@erack.de>
Subject Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 17:56:34 GMT
Hi Andy,

On Friday, 2011-08-19 06:37:49 -0700, Andy Brown wrote:

> I liked the one reply that was sent to someone offering to help:
> [...]
> If no one objects I will monitor the list and reply with something
> like the above and point people to the AOOo with page.

That's probably the best. Bear in mind however that the OOo and AOOo
mailing lists are similar setup (to my opinion similar broken) in that
the Reply-To header points to the mailing list address, so even if one
does a Group-reply the answer is only sent to the list, but not to the
poster. One has to manually add the poster to the Cc field, that is
important if s/he is not subscribed and the post was moderated through,
which happens often with people new to the project. On OOo lists in such
a case the X-Validation-By header is set, which may help in detecting
and let the mailer do an ask-cc or some such.

  Eike