opennlp-users mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Post Address Parsing and OpenNLP
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 13:35:44 GMT
On 04/20/2012 03:29 PM, Jim - FooBar(); wrote:

> Hmmm, that sounds like it should work....however you don't want to
> separate your entities to Street, Town, Province, Post Code, Country
> etc cos then how are you going to join them to get your 'real' entity
> (address)? I would say keep the whole address as 1 entity and produce
> some training data that mark the whole thing...of course if you
> already have some training is better otherwise you will spend a bit of
> time creating your annotated corpus...

For me it sounds like he has already a string which contains the address.
He just wants to get the individual parts of the address recognized,
right?

I would train one name finder and let him recognize all the types.
Have a look at our documentation on how to do that, if the results do
not work out of the box, you can easily adapt the feature generation a
bit for your needs, e.g using a town dictionary, street dictionary, etc.

Jörn