opennlp-users mailing list archives

From "Jim - FooBar();" <jimpil1...@gmail.com>
Subject prerequisites for forking openNLP?
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 13:02:40 GMT
Hi everyone,

Can someone please shine some light  as to what needs to be done in
order for someone to fork openNLP?It is an open-source project so
presumably  not much...I work at the national centre for text-mining
(NaCTem UK) and I'm very keen on forking openNLP and more specifically
the namefind package which is very important for what i'm currently
working on. I also know many people that would benefit from having my
proposed changes (OPENNLP-496) in both the "finding aspect" & the
"evaluation aspect" of NER. Obviously, you don't like what I'm proposing
(fair enough...even though it makes perfect sense) so I think it's best
if I stop pestering you and just create my own fork and repository to
pull my dependencies from...So my question is: what do I need to do
before i upload my fork on the Manchester University or NaCTeM web-site,
apart the obvious (having mentions & links to original openNLP)?

Thanks in advance...

Jim