opennlp-users mailing list archives

From "Jim - FooBar();" <jimpil1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: abbreviation diccionary format
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 09:31:05 GMT
To train models of any type you need training data...The pretrained
english tokenizer was trained on the CoNNL shared task if i remember
correctly...Maybe one of the developers can shine some light on
this...Anyway i don't think you need a dictionary but training data of
the following form :

Pierre Vinken<SPLIT>, 61 years old<SPLIT>, will join the board as a
nonexecutive director Nov. 29<SPLIT>.
Mr. Vinken is chairman of Elsevier N.V.<SPLIT>, the Dutch publishing
group<SPLIT>.
Rudolph Agnew<SPLIT>, 55 years old and former chairman of Consolidated
Gold Fields PLC<SPLIT>, was named a nonexecutive director of this
British industrial conglomerate<SPLIT>.

Hope that helps,

Jim

p.s: Did you mean an abbreviation dictionary? Well, you can't really
train a model using an abbreviation dictionary...