opennlp-users mailing list archives

From "Jim - FooBar();" <>
Subject Re: will version 1.5.3 be announced here?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 12:49:17 GMT
On 04/04/12 13:42, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> - We could make a generic wrapper around a TokenNameFinder which uses
> a Map to rename the produced tags.

Why bother with renaming? In the case of single-type entities the only
thing the Dictionary has to do is extract the tag from the first
occurrence in the corpus and use that instead of 'default'.

> - We could work a bit on the DictionaryNameFinder to output a correct
> tag.

If i understand correctly this should be very easy to do by coding what
i mentioned above...

> - The class to merge the results would be nice to have in OpenNLP.

Oh yes it would! There is still a Jira open from last year regarding
this which i've voted up. I will do my best...actually i've not got much
planned today so i may have a look.

View raw message