opennlp-users mailing list archives

From "Jim - FooBar();" <jimpil1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: will version 1.5.3 be announced here?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 12:21:45 GMT
On 04/04/12 12:57, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> Doing this via our API should work right? You just create an evaluator
> and pass in
> the DictionaryNameFinder instance and the test data.

Hmm...it is not that simple! what about the maxent model? Let's say you

--create a class that extends Evaluator  (as all evaluators do)
--allow the constructor of that class to take variable number of
arguments (of type TokenNameFinder) so we can use them later on
--pretty much copy the code from TokenNameFinderEvaluator and paste it
in the new class
--make sure the code asks both (or however many) name-finders before it
classifies a prediction as right or wrong.

Up to here everything is quite straight forward...now the problems begin!!!
The Dictionary has to be evaluated on separate data than the
model...That is because the Dictionary can only deal with  the "default
tag" and nothing else! A quick workaround would be to retrain the maxent
model with "default" tags so i can evaluate it on the dictionary's
test-set but then what about multiple types???

Jim

p.s. Jorn, we had this discussion before... I do believe that the
Dictionary should be able to deal with whatever tag the user supplied
just like the maxent model does...