opennlp-users mailing list archives

From "Jim - FooBar();" <jimpil1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about adding new type in NameFinder
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 11:35:32 GMT
On 02/04/12 11:49, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> Exactly. I suggest to use some kind of annotation tool to label your
> data.
Hey Jorn

annotation tool? what do you  mean? I thought the only way to do this
was with human annotators (gold standard) or regex (based on a
hypothetical dictionary - silver standard)...what annotation tools
exist? Unless you mean using another pretrained name finder that will do
the annotation but if you have that why bother?

am i missing something? i went through a lot of trouble to automatically
annotate my pharmacology corpus (using drugBank + regex) and now it
seems you're implying there is another way!

Jim