opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Russ <dr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DictionaryNameFinder
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2017 19:09:41 GMT
Hi Manoj,
   Please send your question to the users list, not the dev list.

   I believe the dictionaryNameFinder is passed a dictionary of names and if a name appears
in the dictionary, it is marked as found.  Otherwise, no name is found.  It is not a statistical
model.  The two methods you describe are similar (but I won’t promise they are exactly the
same).  I would use the DictionaryNameFinder, because I trust that it is implemented well,
but if your code is faster and you trust it go with it.

Daniel