opennlp-dev mailing list archives

From Joern Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing a Language Detection Model
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 20:09:35 GMT
My opinion about this is that we should offer the model as maven
dependency for users who just want to use it in their projects, and
also offer models for download for people to quickly try out OpenNLP.
If the models can be downloaded, a new users could very quickly test
it via the command line.

I don't really have any thoughts yet on how we should organize it, it
would probably be nice to have some place where we can share all the
training data, and then have the scripts to produce the models checked
in. It should be easy to retrain all the models in case we do a major
release.

In case a corpus is vanishing we should drop support for it, must be
obsolete then.

Jörn